OFFICIAL RULES (the “Official Rules”)
The “Discover the North Getaway (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Canadian North, Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada (“ITAC”), and Travel Nunavut (acting collectively, and unanimously as the “Sponsor”).
By participating in this Contest, you are signifying your agreement that you have read and agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
IMPORTANT NOTE : In addition to complying in full with all other requirements of these Official Rules, in order to be declared the actual winner of a Prize, the Winner, as defined below, first must answer correctly a mathematical or arithmetic skill-testing question (the “Skill-testing Question”), without any mechanical, electronic or other assistance.
The Contest begins on Friday September 15th, 2023 at 8 am PT and ends on Friday October 20th, 2023 at 12:00 pm PT (the “Contest Period”).
Note: In these Official Rules, the Sponsor’s computer system which is used to govern all computer and time-related aspects of the Contest and, among other things, is the official time-keeping device for the Contest, is called the “Contest computer”. Subject to the provisions of these Official Rules, all results as recorded or otherwise governed by the Contest computer shall be final and binding in all respects. Except as otherwise specifically stated in these Official Rules, all times mentioned in these Official Rules shall be ET.
1. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter and to win a Prize in the Contest, a person must be a resident of Canada who has reached the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence at the time he/she enters the Contest except the following persons who are not eligible to enter the Contest or to win a Prize in the Contest:
a) employees, directors, agents or representatives of the Sponsor or of any of the Sponsor’s divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, stores, licensees, franchisees or promotional agencies, media partners, prize providers, or of any person, firm or corporation which provides any Contest materials or any services for the Contest; and
b) any person who is an immediate family member (defined as a step-, adoptive or biological mother, father, daughter, son, sister, brother or spouse) of any person described in Rule 1 a) of these Official Rules; and
c) any person who resides or is domiciled with any person identified in Rule 1 a) or 1 b) of these Official Rules (whether related or not).
In these Official Rules, a person who is eligible to enter the Contest is referred to as an “eligible person”.
2. DEFINITIONS: In these Official Rules a) the term “Sponsor” includes, where the context requires or permits, a representative or agent of the Sponsor; b) the term “Prize” means a prize which is available to be won in the Contest; c) the term “Potential Winner” means an eligible person who has been identified as being the Potential Winner of a Prize and the term “Winner” means a Potential Winner who has been verified and confirmed as the actual winner of a Prize; d) the term “day” comprises the 24-hour period starting at 12:00:00 midnight ET on a given day during the Contest Period and ending that day at 11:59:59 p.m. ET; and e) the term “Entry” means an entry into the Sweepstakes [see Rule 3 below], which is recorded by the Contest computer on behalf of the applicable eligible person [see Rule 4 below].
3. THE CONTEST: SWEEPSTAKES GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND CHANCES OF WINNING A PRIZE:
The Contest consists of a “sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) in which one Entry is selected (“Sweepstakes draw”) at random by the Contest computer from among all eligible Entries received and recorded by the Contest computer during the Contest Period. The eligible persons whose Entry is selected in the Sweepstakes draws will each be the Potential Winner of a Prize described in Rule 8 below. The Sweepstakes draws will occur on the dates/times and in the manner set out in Rule 5. The chances of becoming the Potential Winner of a Prize will depend upon the number of eligible Entries duly submitted and received during the Contest Period.
Rule 8 below describes the Prizes available to be won in the Contest and the approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Prize.
4. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
During the Contest Period, visit https://destinationindigenous.ca/blog/discover-the-north-giveaway/ and follow the on-screen instructions to complete and submit the entry form, which will require providing, amongst other things, your name, email address, and province/territory of residence. Once the entry form has been duly completed and submitted, you will receive one (1) Entry into the Contest.
5. THE SWEEPSTAKES DRAW:
It is planned that within seven (7) business days of the end of the Contest Period, the Contest computer will select at random one (1) Entry from among all Entries recorded by the Contest computer during the Contest Period. The eligible person whose Entry is selected first in the Sweepstakes draw will be the Potential Winner of the Prize described in Rule 6 below.
Sweepstakes draw date: October 31st, 2023 (the “Selection Date”)
Sweepstakes draw place: Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada, 333 Seymour St, 8th Floor, Vancouver, BC, V6B 5A7.
6. EMAIL NOTIFICATION TO THE POTENTIAL WINNER OF A PRIZE, THE DECLARATION AND RELEASE, THE SKILL-TESTING QUESTION, PRIZE FORFEITURE AND OTHER MATTERS:
NO ONE IS THE WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL THE SPONSOR OFFICIALLY CONFIRMS THEM AS THE WINNER IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE RULES. To be declared a Winner, a Potential Winner must:
- be reached by email, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, within five (5) business days (November 7th, 2023) of the communication of the Sponsor to the Potential Winner. The communication will be sent from the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that your email account is configured to allow emails from this address and/or to prevent these from being directed to a spam folder or otherwise filtered such that you do not receive them. Any Potential Winner that the Sponsor, having taken appropriate and reasonable measures, has not been able to reach within that time period will be disqualified and will lose all rights in the Prize, and there will be a new draw to award the Prize. A Potential Winner reached by email must reply according to the instructions therein, if any. Any Prize notification email with an “undeliverable message” shall result in the Potential Winner’s disqualification and the selection of a new Potential Winner;
- confirm to the Sponsor that the Potential Winner authorizes the Sponsor to reveal his/her names, first names and pictures as the Winner of the Contest, as prescribed in the Declaration and Release Form;
- sign the Declaration and Release Form sent by the Sponsor and return it to the Sponsor within 10 days of receipt;
- answer the Skill-testing Question correctly, without assistance or mechanical aid;
- provide photo ID, upon request and in a timely fashion;
Failure to comply with the conditions set out in these Rules or to accept his/her Prize will result in the Potential Winner’s disqualification. In which case, the Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, cancel the Prize or draw again from among the remaining eligible entries until an entrant is selected and declared the Winner. If no Potential Winner is declared the Winner in sixty (60) days following the initial draw, the Prize will be cancelled.
Within two (2) to four (4) weeks of receiving the duly completed and signed Declaration and Release Form, the Sponsor will contact the Potential Winner with information on how to collect the Prize.
7. PRIZE FORFEITURE: If a Potential Winner fails to submit an answer to the Skill-testing Question, or submits an incorrect answer to that question, or fails to comply in full and in any way or manner with any provision or provisions of or limitation contained in these Official Rules including, without limitation, the eligibility requirements or the Entry limits prescribed in Rules 1 and 6 of these Official Rules, or fails to meet the requirements related to completion, execution and submission of his/her declaration and release (see above), that Potential Winner forfeits any right to receive a Prize to which he/she may otherwise be or have become entitled, is deemed to have waived any claim to a Prize without further notice, and that Prize is forfeited.
If the Sponsor attempts to deliver, or to effect delivery of, a Prize to a Winner and that Prize is returned to the Sponsor as undeliverable or the Prize Winner declines or fails to take delivery of a Prize, then the Winner of such Prize forfeits the Prize, the Winner will have no further claim against the Sponsor in respect to a Prize or the Contest, and that Prize may not be awarded in the Contest.
If, for any of the reasons specified in the preceding paragraph of this Rule 7, the Potential Winner of a Prize forfeits a Prize, the Sponsor will select a backup Entry and will send a notification email to the eligible person who submitted the backup Entry, who will follow the same process specified in Rule 6, which is applicable to notification of the Potential Winner of a Prize. The eligible person who submitted that backup Entry will have the same obligations as apply to the Potential Winner of a Prize. If and as necessary, the Sponsor will continue the process of attempting to verify an eligible person as the Winner of a Prize by dealing, in order, with each eligible person who submitted a backup Entry until a Prize Winner is verified, or until there are no more backup Entries remaining. In the latter case, that Prize will not be awarded in the Contest and no eligible person who was a Potential Winner of the Prize, and no other person, will have any claim against the Sponsor in respect to a Prize or the Contest.
8. ENTRY AND PRIZE LIMITS: There is a limit of one (1) Entry per eligible person. In addition, no eligible person is permitted in any way or manner to use more than one (1) email account to enter the Contest. If the Sponsor finds that any person has failed to observe and comply in full with these limits, irrespective of the reason for or cause of such non-observance or non-compliance, then a) all Entries which that person has submitted into the Contest will be null and void, b) that person will be disqualified from submitting any further Entries into the Contest and will be disqualified from receiving the Prize to which he/she might otherwise have been entitled, c) that person will be disqualified from the Contest, and d) if that person has been declared a Winner, that person will be obliged to return the Prize he/she has received, or its cash equivalent, to the Sponsor forthwith.
9. PRIZING: There is one (1) Prize available to be won in the Contest, consisting of an up to 8-day (up to 7 nights) tourism experience to the Canadian North for the Winner and one (1) Guest (the “Guest”) – subject to the Guest Requirements below). More precisely, the Winner will be permitted to select one (1) of the following excursion packages:
- The Spring Package (approximate availability between May 1, 2024 and June 15, 2024): The Winner and their Guest will be able to choose winter activities from amongst a list to be provided by the Sponsor at the time of Prize fulfilment.
- The Summer Package (approximate availability between July 21, 2024 and September 7, 2024): the Winner and their Guest will be able to choose summer activities from amongst a list to be provided by the sponsor at the time of Prize fulfilment.
Prize includes: (i) round trip airfare from Edmonton AB, Yellowknife, NWT, Montreal QC, or Ottawa, ON (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) (the “Departure Location”) to Iqaluit, Nunavut, for the Winner and their Guest; (ii) accommodation for two (2) (room size and/or occupancy is at Sponsor’s discretion) for up to seven (7) nights in a hotel, hotels or Bed & Breakfast determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion; and (iii) selected day trips and meals for the Winner and their Guest (as selected by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). The activities included in each package may vary and are at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. The departure and return location must be one of the Departure Locations, regardless of the location or residence of the Winner and Guest. For clarity, the Winner and the Guest shall be required to depart from the chosen Departure Location together, regardless of the location or residence of the Winner and Guest. Each of Winner and Guest are solely responsible for arranging to travel from their location of residence to the Departure Location. For the avoidance of doubt, the costs associated with travel and accommodation to, from, or at the Departure Location are not included in the Prize. The Prize has a total approximate retail value of $44,000 CAD, based on the Summer Package example and departure from Edmonton, AB. The actual retail value may vary depending on the package selected and the Departure Location. Under no circumstances whatsoever will any difference between the actual and approximate retail values be awarded. Choice of transportation, accommodation (including, without limitation, room size and occupancy) and all other aspects of the Prize are at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following general conditions apply to the Prize: (i) Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable and/or convertible to cash (except as may be specifically permitted by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); (ii) no substitutions are permitted, except at Sponsor’s option; (iii) participation in the Prize must occur within and/or on or before the date or dates specified by the Sponsor (otherwise the Prize may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be forfeited in its entirety and, if forfeited, nothing will be substituted in its place); (iv) the Winner and Guest must have all necessary documentation to permit participation in the Prize and must participate on the same itinerary as set by or on behalf of the Sponsor; (v) the costs of everything not specifically and expressly stated above as included in the Prize are the sole and absolute responsibility of the Winner and Guest, including, without limitation: transport to and from the accommodation; meals and drinks; gratuities; telephone calls; overnight layovers; entertainment; health and travel insurance; transportation for Winner and Guest to and from the Departure Location; additional transportation; baggage and other fees; and items of a personal nature (NOTE: Winner and/or Guest may be required to present a valid major credit card in their name at the time of hotel check-in to cover any incidental expenses); (vi) if the Winner and/or Guest do not utilize any part(s) of the Prize, then any such part(s) not utilized may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be forfeited in their entirety and, if forfeited, nothing will be substituted in their place; (vii) Sponsor reserves the right at any time to: (a) place reasonable restrictions on the availability or use of the Prize or any component thereof; and (b) substitute the Prize or a component thereof for any reason with a prize or prize component(s) of equal or greater retail value, including, without limitation, but solely at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, a cash award; (viii) all travel arrangements relating to the Prize must be made through the Sponsor or its designated agents; and (ix) by accepting the Prize, the Winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Sponsor and all of the other Releasees (as defined below) if the Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part.
Guest Requirements: The Winner and Guest must: (a) be of the legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence; and (b) sign and return the Sponsor’s release (by the date indicated on the release form) indicating that they waive all recourse against the Sponsor and all of the other Releasees (as defined below) relating to their participation in the Prize (including, without limitation, any travel related thereto).
It is strongly recommended and encouraged that the Winner and Guest obtain sufficient personal travel and medical insurance prior to departure. Transportation is subject to availability, blackout periods, government restrictions and regulations, or other transportation restrictions and regulations. Precise travel arrangements are subject to space and flight availability and shall be made at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
The Sponsor and the other Releasees (as defined below) will not be responsible in the event the Prize or any portion thereof is delayed, cancelled, postponed or rescheduled for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation, by reason of COVID-19.
Neither the Winner nor Guest nor any other person or entity will be compensated in the event of such delay, cancellation or other event contemplated herein. The Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets. Changes to transportation, accommodations and or passenger names are not accepted once bookings have been confirmed.
None of the Releasees (as defined below) makes any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of the Prize awarded in connection with the Contest. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Winner (and Guest) understands and acknowledges that they may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from either the Sponsor or any of the other Releasees (as defined below) should the Prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory.
10. A Prize will be delivered electronically to the Winner in connection with information that he/she provides for this purpose. The Sponsor will deliver or cause to be delivered the Prize to its Winner within 8 weeks of the date that person is determined to be the Winner of the Prize. To complete Prize delivery, the signature of the Winner may be required and the Winner agrees to cooperate fully with the Sponsor in that regard. Any income or other taxes (including, without limitation, federal, Provincial/Territorial, and local income taxes) on or connected with the Prize, and the reporting consequences thereof, are solely the responsibility of the Winner of the Prize.
11. By entering the Contest, eligible persons agree to abide by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of the Contest, including without limitation any decision respecting the eligibility or otherwise and the identity of any person who participates or attempts to participate in the Contest. All such decisions are final and binding on all persons who enter the Contest.
12. Any person attempting or apparently attempting in any way to defraud the Sponsor in any way in connection with the Contest will be disqualified and prosecuted to the fullest extent permitted under the law. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any person who submits an Entry into the Contest, the Entry in question will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address stated in the Entry. The “authorized account holder” shall be the natural person to whom the applicable email address has been assigned by the Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A Potential Winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with his/her potential winning Entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved to the Sponsor’s satisfaction, the potential winning Entry will be deemed null and void.
14. If the Winner makes any false statement in any document related to the Contest, the Winner will be required to promptly return the Prize (or, at the Sponsor’s option, the cash equivalent of the Prize based on the ARV as stated in these Official Rules) to the Sponsor upon demand and at the Winner’s sole expense.
15. A Potential Winner or the Winner may not transfer the applicable Prize to any other person prior to the actual delivery to him/her of the Prize unless authorized in writing by the Sponsor before the transfer is made. Such authorization may be granted or withheld in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any Potential Winner or Winner of the Prize must make any request for such authorization in writing and must sign and return the request to the Sponsor.
16. The Sponsor is not responsible for illegible, misdirected, late, lost, damaged, delayed, stolen, or any postage-due submission or transmission of any declaration and release (or for any declaration and release which is sent to the Sponsor on a ‘collect’ basis) or for any failed Prize delivery or attempted Prize delivery; for any failure of the Contest Computer or any other platform or website or for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete capture on or by the Contest computer of any Entry or other information; for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, falsified, fraudulent, tampered with, altered or destroyed Entries are void; for any damage to any eligible person’s or other person’s computer system or wireless device which is occasioned by participating in the Contest, or by redeeming or attempting to redeem the Prize; for lost, interrupted, inaccessible, incompatible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, wireless carriers, web sites, or other connection or connections; for availability or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of the Contest; for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, email, telephone or cable transmissions, or hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; for any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors or omissions, clerical, typographical or other error(s) or omission(s) in any materials connected to the Contest including, without limitation, in any advertising or advertising materials, in any declaration and release, in any Entry, in the offering or announcement of the Prize or in the Prize notification or notification email or letter; for any errors or omissions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature; or, for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information.
17. Proof of mailing or of email transmission or of attempted email transmission of any communication or any declaration and release shall not constitute proof of receipt by the Sponsor of the communication or declaration and release.
18. By entering the Contest, each eligible person (here, a “Releasor”) releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor or its respective parent, related and subsidiary and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, agents, members, dealers, franchisees, stores, advertising or promotional agencies, representatives, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, successors, sponsors, partners, licensors, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest (collectively the “Releasees”), from and against any and all manner of action, causes of action, suits, debts, covenants, contracts, costs, expenses, claims and demands, including legal fees and related expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach and liability for injury, accident, damage, claim, loss, misfortune, death, or property damage which any Releasor, or his/her administrators, heirs, successors or assigns, has, might have or could have, with respect to or in any way related or connected to any aspects of the Contest or by reason of or arising out of the Releasor’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or use by the Releasor of the Prize awarded and any travel by a Releasor to claim the Prize and from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way related to the Prize, printing errors or omissions, claims based upon publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy prior to being awarded the Prize, or arising from the Contest and the awarding, use, possession, delivery or misuse of the Prize awarded, including liability for personal injury or damage to property. The Releasor further agrees to indemnify and save the Releasees harmless from and against any such causes of action, suits, debts, covenants, contracts, costs, expenses, claims and demands, including legal fees and related expenses.
19. By claiming the Prize, the Potential Winner or the Winner, as applicable hereby agrees and grants the Sponsor the right, but not the obligation, to use his/her name, photo, voice, and likeness, along with his/her address (city/town and Province/territory) and any statements made by or attributed to him/her in any and all media (including the Internet), now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity and throughout the universe for advertising and promotional purposes in connection with the Contest and other promotions without further notice, review, approval or compensation, and releases the Sponsor and all directors, officers, employees, and agents of the Sponsor and of the Sponsor’s divisions, parents, subsidiaries or affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, representatives, stores, service agencies, or independent contractors from any liability with respect thereto.
20. By accepting the Prize, the Winner agrees that if the Sponsor decides, in its sole discretion, to hold the Prize presentation ceremony or event, the Winner will cooperate fully with the Sponsor in that regard.
21. Any attempt by any person to damage the Contest Computer or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. The use of an invalid email address will disqualify any related Entry. Any person who spams the same email address will disqualify any related Entry.
22. FORCE MAJEURE/PRINTING AND CONTEST ERRORS AND/OR OMISSIONS: The Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in Québec, to cancel, withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Official Rules, including, without limitation, any error, problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or failure of any kind whatsoever. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie in Québec, to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Official Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law. Subject to the provisions of these Official Rules, only the type and quantity of the Prize described in these Official Rules will be awarded in the Contest. If, due to printing or programming or production or transmission or other errors or omissions or for any other reason whatever, there is more than one Potential Winner coming forward seeking to claim the Prize, the Winner of the Prize may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for the Prize. Inclusion in such drawing shall be the sole and exclusive remedy in such circumstances for any eligible person who has submitted an Entry into the Contest.
23. DISQUALIFICATION: It is the responsibility of any eligible person who submits an Entry into the Contest to ensure that he/she has complied in full with all of the conditions and requirements contained in these Official Rules The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the apparent intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from and against any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
24. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCIES: In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any declaration and release or website or advertising or form or other publicity or materials concerning the Contest and the provisions contained in these Official Rules, the provisions in these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
25. INVALIDITY: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for ease of reference, and shall not be deemed or considered to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in writing by a duly authorized representative of the Sponsor.
26. USE BY SPONSOR OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: In the course of conducting the Contest, the Sponsor will acquire certain personal information as submitted by persons seeking to enter the Contest. Such information will be used in compliance with Sponsor’s privacy policies, available at (i) https://canadiannorth.com/privacy-policy/; (ii) https://destinationindigenous.ca/privacy/ , and (iii) https://travelnunavut.ca/privacy/#:~:text=(A)%20PERSONALLY%20IDENTIFIABLE%20INFORMATION%20Our,or%20subscribe%20to%20our%20communications.
27. GOVERNING LAW: To the extent permitted by applicable law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations as between one or more persons who participate in the Contest and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with the internal laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada, including the procedural provisions of those laws, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. All persons who participate in the Contest, the Sponsor, and all other parties hereby attorn to the jurisdiction of the courts of that Province, sitting in the City of Toronto, Ontario, in respect of the determination of any matter or dispute arising under or in respect of the Contest or arising under or in respect of these Official Rules and agree that any such determination shall be brought solely and exclusively before such courts in the Province of Ontario.
28. FOR RESIDENTS OF QUÉBEC ONLY: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
29. A copy of these Official Rules (in English and French) can be found at the Sponsor Website. In the event of a dispute or discrepancy between the French and the English versions of the Official Rules, the terms and conditions of these English Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.